ALERT: Please read:
Due to indeterminate quality concerns with RADCALC, use of this software for DOE Certificate applications must include verification and validation documentation of RADCALC results.
7/29/2015 - RAMPAC was moved to the EM Cloud Pilot. The online database is not functional at this time. If you need a database search or discover any other anomalies with RAMPAC, please report them immediately to
or by phone to the content manager at (803) 645-3490.
RAMPAC is best viewed using the following web browsers and versions: Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Firefox 3.6+ , and Chrome 8+
Welcome to RAMPAC, the US Department of Energy's all-in-one source for information on
kages certified by the DOE, NRC, and DOT. RAMPAC includes up to date information regarding:
DOE, NRC, and DOT-IAEA Package Certification Information
RAMPAC Database Search
- perform online searches of DOE, NRC, and DOT-IAEA certificate information
DOT Special Permits & Approval Information
- link to DOT website
Active DOT Special Permits with DOE as Permit Holder
DOE CoC Renewal Guidance
DOE Guidance for IAEA Special Form Certificate Applications
- actions for DOE certificate holders to decertify packagings no longer needed
Certificate User Information and Guidance
Registered User Listing
- current list of users of packages certified by DOE, DOT, or NRC, or Special Form certificates.
Registration Instructions and Form
- instructions and pdf fill-in form.
DOE Exemption Process
Guidance for Use of Appropriate Certificates of Compliance for
(opens pdf - this information is partially incorporated in DOE Order 460.1D, Section 4.a.(2)(e))
Guidance for Packaging Maintenance Expiration - When does maintenance expire
Points Of Contact
- for open dockets and DOE certificate holder information (who to contact to get a copy of a SARP)
Safety Evaluation Reports (SER) of DOE-Certified Packages
- prepared by DOE PCP Manager and approved by DOE HCO
Special Packaging Information
Type A Fissile Packaging Options and Guidance
Special Form Guidance
- DOT 7A Type A and 6M documents
DOE Certification Review Docket
DOE SARP Requirements
DOE SARP Assistance
Points of Contact
- for open dockets and DOE certificate holder information
References and Links to Package Safety Regulations, Directives, and Guides
DOE Directives and Order 460.1D
Code Federal Regulations
- DOE, DOT, and NRC
DOT Hazmat Safety
- link to DOT website
Packaging Body of Knowledge
- DOE, DOT, IAEA, and NRC guides and publications; DOE white papers, lessons learned, and Packaging Certification History
Course and Education
- Upcoming courses sponsored by DOE PCP.
FY2017 PCP Schedule of Courses
- course dates posted
Radioactive Material Packaging QC/QA: Part 1 Welding/NDE Quality Control
- April 19-21, 2017, online registration open - payment deadline is April 5.
Radioactive Material Packaging QC/QA: Part 2 Software Quality Assurance
- April 24-26, 2017, online registration open - payment deadline is April 5.
Generalist Course - Radiation Shielding and Nuclear Criticality Safety
- June 5-9, 2017, online registration open.
ME 691 - ASME Pressure Vessel Code for Nuclear Transport and Storage
- June 19-23, 2017, online registration open.
ME 697 - Radioactive Material Package Operations and Leak Testing
- July 10-14, 2017, online registration open.
ME 695 - Methods for Reviewing Safety Analysis Reports for Packages and Performing Confirmatory Analysis
- August 15-18 & 21-24, 2017,
online registration open.
Specialist Course - Radiation Shielding and Nuclear Criticality Safety
- September 18-22, 2017, online registration open.
- RAM Packaging Safety Tutorial
Meetings and Conferences
Tracking and Monitoring Technology
- A remote tracking and monitoring system for packages
Evigia Systems, Inc.
- Technology transfer and licensing agreement with Evigia Systems, Inc. for sale of ARG-US
- Remote Area Modular Monitor for nuclear and spent fuel storage facilities
- All-in-one robust, compact - GSM/GPS module, Qualcomm gear, reader, and disposable batteries
- Rapid Deployable Global Sensing Hazard Alert System
- Internal Package sensor technology for monitoring package environments
Related Papers and Links
Storage Packaging, Aging Management, and Disposal
Storage Cask (Packaging) Certification
Deep Borehole Disposal
Current Listing of Excess/Orphaned RAM Packaging
Online Application to List on the RAMPAC Packaging Exchange
Transportation Safeguards and Security
- Reports, papers, and external links
Packaging Quality Assurance (QA) Approval Program
Frequently Asked Questions
RAMPAC and DOE Packaging Certification Program Contacts
Packaging Certification Program Manager
Headquarters Certifying Official
Packaging Certification Program Docket Manager
Packaging QA Lead
Frequently Asked Questions
PCP Support Websites
Feedback - send email to
Click the link below to receive RAMPAC updates by email notification:
Office of Environmental Management
1000 Independence Ave. SW
Washington DC 20585
No Fear Act
Budget & Performance
Directives, Delegations & Requirements
The White House